Are you ready for some football? The 2016 NFL season live TV and online schedule will officially get underway this Thursday evening with a Super Bowl 50 rematch between the Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos. You can bet Vegas sports books will be jam packed this weekend. as the current king of all sports makes its return for a new season.
Week 1 will have some great match-ups, and a few twists and turns that should get the season off to an interesting start.
The New England Patriots open on the road as a 6 point dog to the Arizona Cardinals. The Pats are rarely an underdog vs. anyone, however the four week suspension of Tom Brady has changed many things in New England – including the betting odds!
Minnesota will be without QB Teddy Bridgewater for the entire season after an injury he suffered just days ago. Now this injury is huge, as in HUGE for the Vikings. Minnesota has the talent to make a run at the NFC North title, however without Bridgewater it is going to be a tough road. Finally the Rams make their LA debut (part 2) when they face the 49ers on Monday Night Football. Will there be an over/under number on how many times the announcers say “Kaepernick – National Anthem?” Don’t laugh, there may be a prop bet out there.
As always, a new season brings new questions. This year the questions are flowing in by the boat loads.
Can the Broncos repeat as champs? They may with that great defense! Is this the year the Detroit Lions and Buffalo Bills finally live up to the hype and make a postseason run? Is Andrew Luck MVP material? Who will be the surprise team of 2016? Can the Patriots win without Tom Brady? The list goes on and on…….
Take a deep breath fans, because that is just tip of the iceberg! As always, time will answer all these questions, however if you can predict some outcomes, you could make a nice little profit!
Last week the NCAA football schedule got underway, now it is the professionals turn to take center stage. As the weeks move on, we will provide NFL trends, odds and more.
Below is a glance at the Week 1 schedule, Vegas odds, TV start time and ATS selections for this week.
Be sure to check back here every week for NFL news, weekly odds and free selections.
Thursday, Sept. 8
- Carolina at Denver — 8:30 pm (Panthers -3, Over/Under 41) — NBC
Sunday Sept. 11
- Buffalo at Baltimore — 1:00 pm (Baltimore -3, Over/Under 44)
- Green Bay at Jacksonville — 1:00 pm (Green Bay -5, Over/Under 48)
- San Diego at Kansas City — 1:00 pm (Kansas City -7, Over/Under 44.5)
- Oakland at New Orleans — 1:00 pm (New Orleans -1, Over/Under 51)
- Chicago at Houston — 1:00 pm (Houston -6, Over/Under 44.5)
- Cleveland at Philadelphia — 1:00 pm (Philadelphia -5, Over/Under 43)
- Minnesota at Tennessee — 1:00 pm (OFF)
- Tampa Bay at Atlanta — 1:00 pm (Atlanta -3, Over/Under 47.5)
- Cincinnati at N.Y. Jets — 1:00 pm (Cincinnati -2, Over/Under 41.5)
- Miami at Seattle — 4:05 pm (Seattle -10, Over/Under 44)
- N.Y. Giants at Dallas — 4:25 pm (Dallas -1, Over/Under 46)
- Detroit at Indianapolis — 4:25 pm (Indianapolis -4, Over/Under 50.5)
- New England at Arizona — 8:30 pm (Arizona -6, Over/Under 47.5) — NBC/NBC Sports Extra
Monday, Sept. 12
- Pittsburgh at Washington — 7:10 pm (Pittsburgh -3, Over/Under 50) — ESPN/WatchESPN
- L.A. Rams at San Francisco — 10:20 pm (Rams -2.5, Over/Under 44)
Free selections — NY Giants +1, Washington +3
Photo Credit — Viralscape.com